BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, August 2, 2009

BEYOND THE DOOR.....




Had closed all doors,
long back i suppose.

Made a promise to my soul,
there are things i would never disclose.

Never pitied myself,
though crammed my life from within.

Taught myself to see my life,
behind that door was subtle and serene.

Fought myself to close my lids,
as the rays from the keyhole fell on my eyes.

Afraid as i was,
to face ahead the world that lies.

Thought to step out in the world a while,
beyond that door everything was facile.

Caught the spirit of life within,
pushed the door to let the sun step in.

Now i walk past beyond the threshold,
and accept the changes that life brings.

Spread my arms towards the world,
and welcomed wholly the southerly winds...



3 comments:

sasmita Dass said...

Hi,cud see ur pride,ur positivsm, ur desire,ur fear,ur ecstasy....etc in this single poem.nice one.

sana said...

Thanks :)

Arihant said...

wow!!! Even Great writtes should appreciate this